Afghani Green Sauce:
Afghani green sauce, a hot condiment, is frequently served with foods that contain meat. Among the herbs and spices used in its preparation are cilantro, mint, parsley, and green chilies. In a blender or food processor, combine these ingredients with some water or yogurt to create the sauce. Garlic, lemon juice, and salt are additional ingredients that some recipes may call for.
Afghani green sauce is frequently used as a topping for kebabs and other meat dishes as well as a condiment for grilled or roasted meats. It is used frequently to give foods a taste boost because of its zesty, reviving flavor.
There isn’t much information available on the history of Afghani green sauce, therefore it’s hard to pinpoint when it was first made or how it changed over time. However, given how long Afghan cuisine has employed herbs and spices to flavor meals, it is possible that the sauce has been a favorite in Afghanistan for a very long time.
PAKISTANI HALEEM RECIPE
Since many Afghan dishes employ cilantro, parsley, mint, and green chilies in particular, it is possible that at some point in the past, these herbs were mixed to make a savory sauce.In addition, it’s probable that the recipe for Afghani green sauce has changed and evolved over time as several iterations of the sauce have been developed in various Afghani regions or by various families.
- Here is a basic recipe for Afghani green sauce.
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (optional)
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- 4-5 green chilies
- 1 clove garlic (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Water or yogurt
- Mint, parsley, and cilantro should be washed and dried. Cut the leaves into small pieces and remove the stems.
- Combine the herbs, green chilies, garlic (if using), and lemon juice in a blender or food processor (if using).
- The mixture of the components should make a smooth sauce. Add some water or yogurt to thin out a sauce if it is overly thick.
- If necessary, salt the sauce after tasting it.
- The sauce can be consumed right away or kept in the fridge until required. In the refrigerator, the sauce will remain fresh for several days.
- You are welcome to change the proportions of the sauce’s herbs and spices to your liking. For instance, some people might prefer a sauce with more cilantro, but others might prefer one with more mint or heat.
- Even if you only have some of the herbs called for in the recipe, you can still prepare a great sauce. You might, for instance, use simply cilantro and mint or just cilantro and parsley.
PAKISTANI CHICKEN BIRYANI RECIPE
- You may want to use a bit less dried herb because they are typically more strong than fresh herb.
- Using more or fewer green chilies will change how hot the sauce is. Before mixing the chilies, you can remove the seeds if you want a milder sauce.
- The sauce can made with a mortar and pestle if you don’t have a blender or food processor. Simply combine the ingredients in a blender to create a smooth sauce.