Aloo Palak Recipe:
Aloo Palak recipe is a very straightforward Indian and Pakistani stir-fry where potatoes and spinach are cooked together with a few seasonings. It is healthy and vegan. It’s delicious with any flatbread.
Ingredients for the Aloo Palak recipe:
- 2 teaspoons of oil, 10 ml
- a half teaspoon cumin seeds
- Pinch hing, also known as asafoetida
- 5–6 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 broken dried red chilies
- 1 small red onion, chopped, 60 g
- 2 medium potatoes, approximately 500 grams, cut into small pieces, approximately 1/2 inch
- a quarter teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon + 1/8 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons of water as needed.
- 3–4 cup spinach, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- a half-cup lemon juice
You may also like: Aloo gosht, Aloo keema Recipe
How to make Aloo Palak’s recipe?
- The cumin seeds should be added to the hot oil and allowed to sizzle for a short while
- After that, include hing, minced garlic, and dried red chiles. Before adding the dried red chilies to the pan, break them up for more heat.
- Until the color of the garlic begins to change, cook for 1 minute. The diced onion is added next.
- About 3 minutes should be plenty to soften and make the onion transparent.
- Add the chopped potatoes and stir well.
- Salt, turmeric, coriander, red chili powder, and 3 tablespoons of water should also be added.
7.Toss to combine.
8.Potatoes should simmer on medium heat for 6 to 7 minutes with a lid on the pan, or until almost done. About every two minutes, lift the cover and stir.
9.Add the chopped spinach gradually as you go. While the leaves wilt, stir between each addition. After adding all the spinach, cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
10.Garam masala is then mixed in. If you want to keep it really simple, you can omit the garam masala from this recipe.
11.Add some lemon juice and stir. Water shouldn’t be present at this stage.
12.Provide aloo palak with naan or roti.
Pingback: Palak Gosht Recipe - DramaCool
Pingback: Reshmi Chicken Paratha Roll - DramaCool