Baked Feta Pasta:
You’ve certainly noticed the Baked feta pasta TikTok trend catching the social media world by storm, whether you’re an enthusiastic TikTok user or simply a casual Instagram user. Its history is fascinating. A recipe for spaghetti with prosecco, baked feta, and tomatoes was published in 2018 by Finnish blogger Tiiu Piret (@tiiupiret). Using the hashtag #uui feta pasta, another Finnish blogger, Jenni Häyrinen (@liemessa), posted her condensed version of the dish on her blog and Instagram in 2019.
Eventually, a buddy with a Finnish boyfriend told American food influencer MacKenzie Smith (@grilledcheesesocial) about the dish.She shared a translation of the well-known dish in January 2021 on her blog and Instagram, which caused it to become popular in the US. It’s simple to understand why the dish has gained such notoriety: A complete block of feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, and cooked noodles are combined with baked garlic, basil, and tomatoes until the cheese is soft and melted.
To ensure that the sauce would remain inside each piece of our short tube pasta, we also decided to add a small amount of flaky sea salt to the top of the dish.There’s a good reason why Pasta with feta cheese and basil TikTok recipe became popular. A new family favorite called Feta pasta with crumbled feta is going to emerge. It comes together quickly and is amazingly creamy and tasty. Sarah Tramonte, Taste of Home’s Associate Culinary Producer
- 2 pints (20 ounces) of cherry tomatoes,
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- One 8-ounce block of feta cheese, drained (see Cook’s Note)
- 10 ounces of mezze rigatoni.
- 1 clove of garlic, finely grated.
- Optional pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- Flaky sea salt, for serving
How to make Baked Feta Pasta:
- Set the oven’s temperature to 400 F.
- Stir the cherry tomatoes, olive oil, one-fourth teaspoon of salt, and several grinds of black pepper together in a medium bowl. Put the tomatoes in a 2 1/2 to 3-quart baking dish, top with the feta, and sprinkle with a little black pepper. About 30 minutes of baking time will result in the tomatoes bursting and the feta softening. Increase the heat to 450 degrees F and cook for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until the feta and tomatoes are golden brown.
3.In the meantime, bring a sizable pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Pasta should be added and cooked for 13 minutes, or until al dente. Drain the pasta completely after reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
4. Put the garlic and red pepper flakes in with the tomatoes and feta as soon as they are done baking (if using). The oil doesn’t need to be completely incorporated; just use the back of a spoon to mash the tomatoes and feta into a smooth, creamy sauce. The pasta should be covered evenly after being added, along with half the basil. Add some pasta water, a few tablespoons at a time, if the sauce is too thick. Add salt and pepper as needed after tasting the food. Include a dash of sea salt and the last of the basil before serving.
Since feta is the key ingredient and flavoring in Pasta with feta cheese and cherry tomatoes recipe, make sure to purchase a high-quality kind. Our recommendation is to use a medium or firm Greek feta prepared solely from sheep’s milk. Feta prepared with cow’s milk is typically crumblier and sourer.
Pingback: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies - DramaCool