CHICKEN BULGOGI (KOREAN BBQ CHICKEN):
On a hectic weekday, prepare chicken bulgogi, a simple and speedy Chicken Bulgogi (Korean BBQ chicken). You can pan-fry, broil in the oven, or grill food. 28 more mouthwatering authentic Korean recipes are also available for you to create and enjoy at home.
COOK TIME:10 MINS
- 6 boneless chicken thighs
- 3 tbsp Korean chili paste
- 1 tbsp Korean chili flakes
- soy sauce 1 tbsp
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp paste of ginger
- 1 tbsp mulyeot (Korean corn syrup )
- 1 tbsp sweet rice wine
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 6 Korean perilla leaves thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds to garnish
- Lay a piece of plastic wrap over the chicken thighs and use a meat hammer to stretch and tenderize it. Then, lay the chicken thighs aside.
- Gochujang, gochugaru (if using), soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, rice wine, sesame oil, and pepper should all be combined in a sizable mixing bowl. Toss the chicken thighs in the mixture to coat them completely. Give the chicken 15 minutes to rest at room temperature.
- Place an oven shelf 6 inches below the heat source while the oven is preheat for broiling. On top of a sizable baking pan lined with foil, set a cooling rack that has been greased with spray oil.
- Without overlapping, distribute the chicken pieces around the rack. Once the other side cooked through, flip the chicken over and broil for an additional 5 minutes. In order to prevent overcharging the chicken, keep an eye on it.
- Placed in a serving plate, the chicken thighs have been cut into bite-sized pieces. Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds and finely sliced perilla leaves on top.
- serve hot rice