Finnish Salmon and Dill Pie:
Finnish salmon and dill pie is the perfect dish for a comforting dinner. The flaky crust and rich filling, combined with the delicate flavor of fresh dill, make for a delicious meal that is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. Serve it with a simple salad or some steamed vegetables for a balanced and satisfying meal.
- 1 lb. fresh salmon filet
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- Butter 1/4 cup
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Cut the salmon into small pieces like cubes.
- In a pan, melt the butter. Add the chopped onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add the flour to the pan and stir to combine. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the mixture becomes a paste.
- Slowly add the milk and cream to the pan, stirring constantly to avoid lumps. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until thickened.
Spicy Middle Eastern Rice Recipe
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the chopped dill, egg, salt, and pepper.
- Add the cubed salmon to the mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour the salmon mixture into the unbaked pie crust.
- Bake the pie for 30-35 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is hot and bubbly.
- Allow the pie to cool for minutes before slicing.
- Serve and Enjoy!