Instant Pot Korean Chicken Soup Recipe:
The most straightforward, hearty, delicious, and healthy soup is Instant Pot Korean Chicken Soup recipe. A whole chicken is pressure-cooked with aromatics until it is perfectly tender. 5 ingredients, 30 minutes to prepare. Contains no gluten and is low in carbohydrates.
I’ve been preparing Baeksuk (Korean chicken soup) in the pressure cooker (instant pot) for a while, but I’ve never gotten around to photographing it and perfecting the recipe.
So that we are all clear, let’s just clarify a few things before we move on to the recipe. As far as I’m aware, this is how each is unique.
How to make the ideal Korean chicken soup in the Instant Pot:
- By leaving the chicken in the Instant Pot for too long after it has finished cooking, you risk overcooking it. You can always reheat later, but kindly adhere to timing guidelines for pressure releases.
- Trim the fat PRIOR to cooking to eliminate the need to later skim the soup of any fat. The soup has very little fat when I use a cornish hen that has had the fat removed.
- Don’t use table salt; instead, season the soup with flavorful sea salt and use the leftovers for dipping. For the best flavor, I use high-quality Fleur de Sel or Korean sea salt.
- Use the leftover broth to make Tteokguk or Dak Kalguksu if you have leftover chicken soup. However, making Dakjuk is my favorite. Coming up, the recipe for that
- Additions – To increase flavor, you can add herbs like jujube dates.
▢1 each cornish hen
▢5 garlic cloves
Spicy Korean Chicken Recipe
▢1/2 yellow onion
▢2 green onions
▢5 cups water
Soy Dipping Sauce
▢1 Tbsp soy sauce
▢1/2 Tbsp rice vinegar
Sesame Sea Salt
▢1 tsp sea salt
▢1/4 tsp black pepper
▢1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- Peel yellow onion and garlic cloves, clean green onions, and trim off the roots. The peel comes off very easily if you simply smash the garlic with a knife, which is an easy method to use since we will be throwing it away.
- Slicing one green onion The other green onion can be left whole and added to the soup pot to cook with the chicken.
- Trim the tail end, wing tips, and extra fat from the bottom and shoulders of a whole cornish hen or chicken to make it cleaner. See the image.
- Chicken, water, garlic, onion, and a green onion are all added to the pot.
- Cook for 20 minutes at Manual Low pressure with the lid closed and venting. After five minutes of Natural Release (just leaving it alone), the steam will be manually released with Quick Release (opening vent). For incredibly tender chicken, NR for ten minutes.
Spicy Korean Chicken Katsu Recipe
- Make the soy dipping sauce or sesame salt (see ingredients) while the chicken is cooking by combining the ingredients. For everyone to dip into, serve alongside the chicken.
- Remove the entire chicken and give it a few minutes to cool. You have two options when serving the chicken: either leave it whole on the table so that guests can simply rip off their favorite pieces, or you can tear the meat with your hands and add some to each bowl of soup before garnishing with finely chopped green onions.
- Serve alongside some rice and side dishes. Everyone should add salt and black pepper to their soup before eating. Alternatively, you can simply pre-season the soup with salt and pepper before serving if you want to make things easier or if you have children.
Pingback: Korean Chicken Wings Recipe - DramaCool