Italian Pasta Bake With Sausage:
The dish known as “Italian Pasta Bake With Sausage” (also known as “baked ziti”) is essentially a lazy day lasagna made of layers of pasta tossed in a hearty tomato meat sauce loaded with Italian sausage, covered in a thick coating of ooey, golden mozzarella cheese, and baked until tender. You can prepare this tasty and simple casserole meal any day of the week. You can even prepare it ahead of time and freeze it for a later date.
Because they are simple to prepare and can feed a large number of people, pasta bakes are a staple in our family. How about the leftovers? The next day, they are even better to taste. Additionally, children love it. Pasta bakes with shrimp fettuccine alfredo and cheesy tortellini and sausage are some of our other go-to recipes.
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lb. Italian sausage
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup fresh finely chopped parsley
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups fresh mozzarella cheese
Italian Tuscan Chicken Recipe
- Turn the oven on to 375°F.
- Medium-high heat should be used to bring a sizable pot of salted water to a boil. In 8 to 10 minutes, or as directed on the package, add the pasta and cook until al dente (completely cooked but still firm). Drain thoroughly and put aside.
- In the meantime, heat the olive oil in a big pot (or a 4 qt Dutch oven) over medium-high heat for 2 minutes, or until the hot oil sizzles. About 5-7 minutes of stirring and cooking the sausage until it is browned. Slice the sausages into little pieces with a spatula.
- Add the onions and garlic, and cook for two to three minutes, or until soft and tender. Blend by stirring.
- Add tomato sauce, lower the heat to medium-low, and simmer the beef sauce, stirring occasionally. Add the Italian spice, half a cup of Parmesan cheese, basil, and parsley. Add pepper and salt to taste.
- Reduce the heat to low, simmer for 5-8 minutes, and stir occasionally. The sauce’s flavor gets richer via simmering.
Italian Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- Add the cooked, drained pasta to the sauce and stir thoroughly to combine.
- A 8×13 casserole dish should be filled with half the pasta and topped with half the mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese evenly over the remaining pasta.
- Until the melted cheese is golden brown, bake the pasta for 25 minutes. Serve after 15 minutes of cooling.
Instructions For Storage and Preparation:
How to store: For up to 4 to 3 days in the refrigerator, place this pasta bake with sausage in an airtight container or wrapped with plastic cling wrap. Simply heat in the microwave, skillet, or oven to reheat.
How much freez: Frozen food can be stored for up to three months after being transferred to an airtight container and chilled. You should first let it defrost in the refrigerator before reheating it in the microwave or on the stove.
Making ahead of time: Pasta and sauce should be prepared and given time to cool. Once assembled, follow the recipe’s instructions and keep covered in the fridge or freezer until you’re ready to bake. Allow it to defrost overnight if baking from frozen.
Pingback: Salt and Pepper Pork Chops Recipe - DramaCool