Korean Beef Patties (Tteokgalbi ):
Korean Beef Patties (Tteokgalbi ), or gourmet beef patties, are created with short rib meat that has been minced. You can grill, braise, or pan-fry the delectable, delicate patties.
These gourmet beef burgers Tteokgalbi , literally rice cake ribs, is the name for beef short rib meat. There won’t be any rice cakes (tteok, ) in the meal. The term refers to the method of shaping and kneading the minced beef, which is similar to how Korean rice cakes are formed.
This dish is a throwback to the royal court, where the chefs minced the rib flesh for the King to make it easier to eat. Later, South Jeolla Province’s signature dish was tteokgalbi. These days, people all around the nation like this cuisine. Tteokgalbi was a part of every full course dinner.
Kimchi Recipe For Beginners
Beef short ribs pulverize and used to make tteokgalbi. Separating the meat from the bones is followed by finely chopping and marinating. Traditionally, before cooking, the marinated meat is reattached to the rib bones. You may simply shape the patties like burger patties if you’d prefer; this gives the patties their distinctive identity as being made with short rib meat and also imparts a bit of extra taste to the meat.
▢4 pounds beef short ribs
▢4 tablespoons soy sauce
▢2 tablespoons sugar
▢3 tablespoons honey
▢2 tablespoons rice
▢3 tablespoons grated Korean
▢1/2 medium onion chopped
▢3 scallions chopped
▢2 tablespoons garlic minced
▢1 teaspoon ginger minced
▢1 tablespoons oil
▢1/5 teaspoon black pepper
▢chopped pine nuts
Korean fried chicken (CHIMAEK)
- Cut away extra fat. Try to separate the meat from the bones as little as you can. Place the meat in the freezer for approximately one hour.
- To get some of the blood off the ribs, soak them in cold water for 30 minutes.
- The beef ground in a food processor or meat grinder. If mincing by hand, slice the meat thinly, separate the slices into thin strips, and then cut the strips crosswise into tiny pieces.
- To cut the meat into the tiniest pieces, move the blade back and forth.
- Mix thoroughly all the marinade ingredients.
- Mix the meat and marinade thoroughly after adding. 3 minutes of kneading the meat should be plenty.
- Put the rib bone in flour if you plan to use it.
- As you wrap the meat around the bone, affix it to it in a uniform layer of thickness. With your palms, press the flesh firmly against the meat.
- If not, you can just make simple round or oval patties.
- Broil the food and preheat the oven. The meat typically placed on the top shelf of the oven, about 6 inches below the broiler, in a broil pan. 4-5 minutes of cooking time. Cook them for an additional 3 to 4 minutes, turning them over carefully, until nicely charred. Grill for 3 minutes on each side over medium-high heat, turning only once.