Korean Ground Beef Bowl:
You’ve found it! Try this simple Korean Ground Beef Bowl of ground beef with all your favorite tastes from Korean BBQ that isn’t overly sweet or too hot. The entire process takes 20 minutes. This is it!Do you have any other cravings than a Bird? Something that tastes great but requires no work. What about a dish that just takes 15 minutes to prepare, has a short list of ingredients, and tastes amazing?
Thanksgiving and Christmas have already passed, people. If you’re anything like me, you’re ready to leave the turkey and all the other heavy dishes until next year. Easy, quick, and yummy are all I need right now. My goal is to spend less time cooking and more time taking advantage of Florida’s wonderful southern climate. Get ready for some simple recipes, then!
If something other than chicken appeals to you, The way I look at chicken makes me think of turkey. This bowl of Korean ground beef is the remedy. This flavor combination will appeal to you greatly. I’m serving my ground beef in a bowl of rice, but it tastes wonderful.
Korean Purple Rice or Black Rice
The dish known as a Korean ground beef bowl does not exist traditionally. This dish’s characteristics are derived from their signature Bulgogi Beef, which is renowned for its sweet, savory, and spicy Korean BBQ sauce. For bulgogi, soft beef pieces like sirloin or filet mignon are thinly sliced, marinated for several hours, and then stir-fried.
- 1.5 lbs ground beef
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 chopped green onions
- 2 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 1.5 Tbsp chopped ginger
Korean Rose Tteokbokki
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1/2 – 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Chop ginger, garlic, onions and cilantro.
- In a large skillet or wok, sauté ground beef until no longer pink, 3-5 minutes. Stir in garlic, ginger and half of green onions. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in sauce mixture, simmer for 5 minutes, until sauce is slightly reduced.
- Stir in remaining green onions, garnish with sesame seeds and cilantro.
- Serve in a bowl along with cooked white rice and your choice of veggies.