Lemon and Dill Shrimp Sandwich:
Lemon and dill shrimp sandwich is perfect for a quick and easy lunch or dinner. The bright and tangy lemon and dill flavors complement the succulent shrimp perfectly, and the addition of mayonnaise and sour cream gives it a creamy and satisfying texture. The lettuce and tomato add a fresh crunch and balance out the sandwich. This sandwich is best served with a side of fries or potato chips.
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 8 slices of bread
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 tomato, sliced
- In a large bowl, mix together the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, dill, salt and pepper.
- Add the shrimp to the bowl and toss to coat evenly.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until pink and cooked through.
- Remove the shrimp from the skillet and let cool for a few minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and sour cream.
- Spread the mayonnaise mixture on one side of each slice of bread.
- On the other side of four slices of bread, layer shredded lettuce and tomato slices.
- Chop the cooled shrimp and divide it between the four slices of bread with the lettuce and tomato.
- Top each sandwich with the remaining slices of bread, mayonnaise side down.
- Heat griddle over medium heat. Place the sandwiches on the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted.