Spicy Middle Eastern Rice Recipe
Spicy Middle Eastern Rice Recipe delicious and flavorful rice dish is a staple in Middle Eastern cuisine. It’s easy to make and is sure to be a crowd-pleaser at any dinner party or family gathering.
This spicy Middle Eastern rice dish is the perfect accompaniment to grilled meats, stews, or curries. It’s also delicious on its own as a vegetarian main course. For an extra touch of flavor, try topping the rice with some fresh herbs such as parsley or cilantro before serving. This recipe can also be easily doubled or tripled to serve a larger crowd. Enjoy!
1 cup long-grain rice
olive oil 1 tbsp
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp ground cumin
Recipe for CHAPLI KABAB
1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (or to taste)
1 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
1/4 cup tomato sauce
raisins 1/4 cup
1/4 cup slivered almonds (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse the rice in cold water until the water runs clear.
- Heat the oil in an oven over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic .
Pakistani Seekh Kebab Recipe
- Stir in the cumin, coriander, turmeric, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the rice and stir to coat with the spice mixture.
- Pour in the broth, tomato sauce, and raisins. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and simmer for 18-20 minutes, or until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir in the slivered almonds, if using, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and serve immediately.