Surf and turf
“Surf and turf” is a term used to describe a meal that combines seafood and red meat, usually beef. The seafood component is often lobster or shrimp, and the red meat is usually a steak. Surf and turf can be served in many different styles, from formal sit-down dinners to casual barbeques. It is often served at upscale restaurants and is considered a luxurious and indulgent meal.
Here is a simple recipe for surf and turf that serves four people,
- 1 pound beef tenderloin, cut into four pieces
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Heat up your grill to a high setting.
- On both sides, season the beef tenderloin with salt and pepper. Cook the beef on the grill for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until it reaches the desired degree of doneness.
- Salt and pepper the shrimp as you wait.
Recipe for CHAPLI KABAB
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook the minced garlic for approximately a minute, until it begins to smell fragrant. Add the lemon zest and parsley after that.
- Grill the shrimp for two to three minutes on each side, or until they thoroughly cooked and pink.
- The remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and the lemon juice should combined in a small bowl.
- Place a piece of meat and a couple cooked prawns on each platter before serving. Over the top, drizzle the lemon butter. Enjoy!
Here are a few notes on the surf and turf recipe,
- For the surf and turf, any form of red meat may be used. Filet mignon, ribeye steak, and sirloin are a few options. Simply remember to adjust the cooking time appropriately.
Pakistani Seekh Kebab Recipe
- For the surf and turf, any form of seafood may used. Scallops, crab, and lobster are a few alternatives.
- The beef and shrimp can cooked in a pan on the stovetop or under the broiler in the oven if you don’t have a grill.
- Mashed potatoes, roasted veggies, or a salad are a few alternatives.
- The dish can also include additional herbs and seasonings like paprika, oregano, and basil. Make sure to modify the quantity to suit your preferences.