Traditional Portuguese soup Recipe(Caldo Verde):
This classic Traditional Portuguese soup Recipe(Caldo Verde) is composed with potatoes, chouriço sausage, and thinly sliced kale or collard greens. It is also known as green soup or caldo verde. Cheap, cozy, filling, and hearty as hell.
This soup dish is fantastic. meaty and delicious
▢1/4 cup olive oil
▢10 ounces chouriço, linguiça sliced into 1/4-inch
▢1 large Spanish onion
▢2 garlic cloves sliced
▢6 medium potatoes
▢8 cups cold water
▢canned chicken broth
▢1 pound collard greens
▢ black or white pepper
Easy Fried Rice Recipe
Antelope Tagine with Vegetables and Dates
- The oil should be warmed in a big pot on a medium heat. Chouriço should be added and cooked for 3 to 5 minutes, until only barely browned on both sides.
- Transfer the sausage to a plate using a slotted spoon. In order to flavor the soup, try to let the sausage fat drain into the pot completely.
- In the pot, dump the onions. Add salt and continue to simmer, stirring regularly, until transparent and tender.
- When the water or a solution of water and chicken stock is at a boil, stir in the potatoes. So that the soup gently simmers, lower the heat. Cook the potatoes for 10 to 20 minutes, or until they are practically soft.
- Use an immersion blender to purée the caldo verde once it has somewhat cooled. Although some chefs prefer to add half the sausage to the soup before puréeing, tradition dictates that one slice of chouriço should be added to each dish. You can decide.)
- After adding the kale, re-boil the mixture, lower the heat, and simmer for 2 to 5 minutes, or until the kale is soft. If necessary, season with extra pepper and salt.
- Pour the caldo verde into dishes and top with the remaining chouriço pieces for garnish. (cover and chill the soup , and chilled for a whole night. Just rewarm before serving on a low heat.)
Pingback: Authentic German Schnitzel Recipe - DramaCool
Pingback: CHICKEN BULGOGI (KOREAN BBQ CHICKEN) - DramaCool